Tuesday 16 July 2013

Clubbing During Pregnancy! Yay Or Nay?

THINKING OF HITTING THE CLUBS WHEN YOUR PREGNANT?

Good Or Bad Idea?Should I go?Yes or No?
Here's my answer! And Why!



Wondering why its bad!?
Well.. Let me share my experience with you in todays blog!

So i was 24 Weeks when our entire Cousins decided to Hit The Clubs to celebrate Shans Birthday!
Where else would we go? Our Home Ground...ST JAMES POWER STATION!

We loved it there! No fights breakout..At least when we're there.
Everyone is generally okay and pretty friendly! I know... Friendly?? Probably from all the ALCOHOL! But its true!And plus..Massive Dance floor! You dont have to dance on top of each other's heads!

LOL

So, i was really excited to be going finally to a club because i havent been to one since finding out i was Pregnant!

I was so pumped! I was like " Yeah! Gonna get my dance on!"
Apart of me was a little skeptical to go only because i knew i wasn't going to have as much fun as i used to! But i just brushed that aside and decided to go and thought maybe,just maybe, it wouldn't be so bad!

A couple of hours before hitting St James..
We were all getting dressed and
Problem Number 1 started for me!

WHAT TO WEAR!!!!???
I was so close to pulling all my hair out!
My usual Clubbing dresses,tops and skirts looked Ridiculous!

I felt i looked like
Yes! Potato Man!

That put me off completely! Do i wear all black? To hide my bump? Should i hide my bump? Why should i? What would people think when they see a pregnant woman coming to club? Maybe this isn't a good idea! Should i wear jeans? Do i look stupid? Is this even right? Should i just back out now?

So many questions! And no answers to them!
I was getting frustrated!
I tried on a ton of different outfits and messed up my entire cupboard!
On top of that! To add on to my problems, I was having a BAD HAIR DAY!
YES I LOOKED LIKE BARBIE FROM HELL!

Everything prior to clubbing was going horrible! Should have listened to all the signs and not go..

But nevertheless, I put on jeans that were so tight that i couldn't button up, A bright colored top to take the attention off my bump and sky high heels! Not the smartest idea after all!

SO we arrived at ST James and huddled up behind the car park for Pre Drinks! As always!
Not me of course.. But the rest!
Which kinda sucked too! Cause i sat and watched everyone else drinking! As i sipped on Cranberry juice! Yummy!
Im not an alcoholic neither do i CRAVE and NEED alcohol! I just wished i could get a little high and happy like the rest!


Now that got me really upset! I was fine all along not having to drink alcohol because im carrying my little one in me! And i HATED that i started thinking and wishing i could just have a sip of alcohol!
I was so angry with myself and felt so selfish for thinking like that!

SO that was PROBLEM NUMBER 2!
Why put myself in such a tempting situation? So Stupid of me!

Then we headed in! The guys stayed outside drinking while us girls headed in!
The girls ordered Shots because it was Shans birthday! And my sister in law bought me a ginger ale so i wouldn't feel left out!
I tried not to let it bother me but it really got to me! As they lifted their shots and i lifted my ginger ale! Shots were taken! BOOOO HOOOO!!

PROBLEM NUMBER 3
Initially, the music and base in the club was fine.. It was loud but i could handle it!
Once the boys came in! OMFG!
The Dj turned up the music and the base!
I felt my entire body and chest vibrating every beat of the song!


And then i thought, If im feeling like that... What about BABY?
I put my hands on my belly and oh boy... The base the music the beat..I could feel it on my belly!
It was so bad.. I felt so bad.. I felt so sad..And that was enough for me! Enough to get me out of the CLUB!

I started thinking.. Oh my god! How is she? Did i scare her? Did all that base affect her?

I told Gabriel we had to get out of here now! NOW!
I felt really bad because i had to leave half way of Shans birthday! But i knew it was the right thing to do.
He immediately understood and we said our goodbyes and left!

Best decision i made all day! Leaving...

We sat outside for awhile.. As i tried calming down and calming baby down..
Then we decided to eat outside St James..
We had yummy food and called it a night!

Bottom line

PREGNANT+CLUBBING= NO NO NO NO
In my Opinion!

It's not good for your own mental health and for Baby as well..
The last thing you want happening to baby is to Scare her in your Womb...

Head to nice little bars or chill out places with good music and good food!
Delicious Mocktails are my current favorite! An Excellent Replacement!

So just wait it out and in no time ladies..Baby will be born.. and you'll be able to go out again!
Not as frequently of course! Because you have a newborn and new responsibilities!
But on special events! Why Not!!??


It's worth the wait..







No comments:

Post a Comment