Thursday 11 July 2013

Pregnancy Friendly Exercise & How I Try To Stay In Shape

On Today's Blog...
Let's Talk EXERCISE!
And Staying In Shape!


Please NOTE! It's how I TRY to stay in shape during pregnancy, a time where lots of Yummy Food seem more YUMMIER! 

And you are required to EAT EAT EAT!

I've decided to blog about this mainly because i feel that staying in shape during pregnancy is really important for both mummy and baby!
Im not saying starve and eat lesser just because your belly is growing and you see that your weight is rocketing up every doctor's visit!
"WOW! I PUT ON 5KG,10KG,15KG,20KG?"
MUST DIET!!!!

NO! All im saying is watch what you eat and put into your body.. because baby gets a taste of everything you decide to eat! 

It's a myth! The whole...
"YOU MUST EAT DOUBLE BECAUSE YOUR EATING FOR 2"
Dont go by that rule ever! It will lead you to put on a ton of weight which you really dont have to!
And will also make it super hard to get back that PRE PREGNANCY BANGIN BODY!

It's also not healthy to over eat... Your Baby is TINY! and has a TINY stomach..
So gorging and stuffing food down your throat is useless..as your baby probably only needs a pea size amount of what you ate!
And besides, it leads to Severe HEARTBURN! And thats never fun!

Keeping healthy and keeping your weight under check is crucial for pregnancy!
It's a lot harder to walk as your belly grows and grows and if your putting on the unnecessary pounds, It's going to weigh you down and your ankles and back are going to hurt even more because it has to support both your weight and your belly!

And going through labour will be even harder if your not exercising and staying fit!
Right now, for me, I can feel my heart working 2 times harder to produce oxygen for both baby and me
Walking up a flight of stairs, Is already a KIlLER!
It feels like i have a plastic bag over my head!

and my heart is about to explode!
I can only imagine how Labour is going to be! A MARATHON!



And even talking or reading aloud... I can feel myself getting breathless and inhaling and exhaling a lot louder!

Another factor why staying in shape is so crucial for pregnant women!
Self confidence!
YES! Thats right! 

Im not going to lie, i was struggling initially with the sudden weight gain around my belly,
Clothes weren't fitting right, face started swelling a little bit,
Felt like i was a walking clumsy Hippo!
My waist line slowly Disappearing into thin air!

There one minute! Gone the next!

But then i found a few exercises that really helped me keep it tight!
It's really does get to you.. when you see perfectly thin girls walking around and here you are looking all frumpy and clumsy!

Ever heard of Prenatal Yoga?
It's really good!
Below is the Youtube Link for anyone interested in PreNatal Yoga!
This Lady is really good! Formerly Miss World! Lara Dutta!


And Now..
I'm going to show you a couple of my absolute favorite at home workout for pregnant mummies!


Watch My Video!
JOIN ME IN A DANCE PARTY AT THE END OF VIDEO!
Oh Yeah.....







NEXT POST: CLUBBING DURING PREGNANCY!

No comments:

Post a Comment