Monday 22 July 2013

My Hair-Volution Journey

My Hair Growth Journey..
Wanna Know How Much Hair Evolution I've Gone Through?

Well...Lets Begin!

It all started when i was a baby..
Thats me alright.... Chinese as hell...
With Spiky Spiky hair!

My parents and everyone in the family thought they had taken the wrong baby from the nursery!
Talk about Switched At Birth!
But no, seriously... Thats me! And i wasn't switched at birth!

Moving on... A couple of years later...
When i got "cuter"... They decided to start taking pictures of me "again"..
Notice how i said "Cuter" & "Again"....
Well, after my birth, they stopped taking photos of me because i wasn't as cute.. And i guess they still thought i wasn't their child? LOL

My Dad claims now, that back in the days they didn't have a camera.. 
So they couldn't(OR WOULDN'T) take any photos of me.. 
But my Brother who was born first had tons of Photos of himself.. Proper Timeline growing up Photos! NOT FAIR!

The next photo available of me..
I was already pretty much grown up!!
And of course... ADORABLE!! Hahahahaha!

I had like Cabbage Patch Kids Hair! 
Wavy and like a Mushroom!

Next up..
The China Doll Fringe! 
Every little girl out there had to rock this hairstyle at some point in their lives!

Next up..
 Long Pocahontas Hair...
I was obsessed over Pocahontas!! After watching the movie, I wanted to be her! 
I had Pocahontas Tights,tops,socks and even Panties! LOL

Now lets begin the real "Hair-volution"

Next Hair Phase



Chopping my hair off!
I became a little OBSESSED with victoria beckham!
I thought and i still think she is a fashion genius and ever so trendy with her hairstyles!
Wanted to be like her... !

Then..

I decided to grow them back out!
Because Victoria Beckham Did! LOL!
Talk about OBSESSION
She had the perfect Bob.. And i wanted it! 

Not long after that. I got Bored with this hairstyle!
It looked too... Goody Goody On me!!
So not me!

So.....I....


 Chopped it off again..
But this time.. I shaved One side of my head!
YES! ONE SIDE!
Can you guess who I was OBSESSING over this time!!??

RIHANNA..DUH!!

She started this whole half shaved head trend! And i wanted to jump on that wagon ASAP!
I remembered i was so terrified at the Salon before making the Chop!
I didn't even tell Gabriel! Cause i knew he would FREAK!!!

But what the hell?? If i don't do it now.. When will i ever do it? When I'm old and saggy?
So.....after doing a couple of deep breathing exercises....I said goodbye to the right side of my hair!!

And guess what? I LOVED IT!
But everyone else in my family was SHOCKED! LOL!
And so was Gabriel.. He couldn't believe what i had done!

Not long after taking that huge step!!
I GOT BORED AGAIN!!! YES! I get bored very very easily!
So...
What did i do Next?
I Shaved A Line!!!
Inspired by CASSIE!
She shaved off half her hair too but she had cool lines shaved on top of her shave!
So I had to do it!
I always had to be in trend.. A lot of people disapproved of it..
But Too bad.. It was done! LOL

Then i got BORED again!
With the color of my hair...
So i wanted to try a Reddish Brown Color!

It only lasted for 2 weeks before i got BORED YET AGAIN!

Random photos of my Crazy Now!










   









Then i decided.. I was going Blonde!!!
And so i did!
I went for it!

I was Ashy Blonde for about 6 months.. And then i wanted a change...
Lets just say, I was a very confused girl..

I decided to go Pitch Black this time!


And so i did....

I was kinda getting tired or coloring and cutting my hair.. 
Can u guess what i wanted after all that???


LONG LONG HAIR
Yes!! OMG!! I wanted long locks of beautiful black hair....
I wanted to Braid my hair and do all sorts of cute hairstyles!

It would take me years and years before i can ever do that!
So what did i do..??
Being the most impatient person in the world.. I wanted Long hair..
NOW NOW NOW NOW!

What did i do??
I bought a wig!!
Yes..i know.WHAT!!??? A WIG???

I just really wanted long hair!! 
Desperate huh?
I paid like $80 dollars for this wig..
At first, i was in love with it.. but after a while... EEEWWWW!!
It was so hot firstly to wear it out..
Secondly, It looked pretty fake in the sun! It was so shiny..Way to shiny to pass out as my real hair.

So Bye Bye Wig!

I still wasnt going to give up! I researched & researched and came up with a Brilliant plan!
Hair extensions!
Everyone was getting it done.. So i wanted it too!
So many girls talked about getting extensions at FAR EAST PLAZA!
At a very reasonable price!

SO.. the day i got paid...I headed to Far East!
AND I DID IT!
At Milly's...
Here is the link you can check out if your interested!
http://millys.org/hair-extension.html

I GOT HAIR EXTENSIONS! 

I did the braiding method! It's 100% Human Hair so you can style it anyway you want it..
I had about 250 Strands in my hair at $1 each... But it wasn't enough..But that was all i was prepared to spend..
It didn't look bad, but i needed about 100 strands more..To make it look more fuller!
I left with 250 strands but the following month i came back and did the 100 strands!

The initial part after getting it done, my head felt so tight.. but after awhile, the braids became pretty comfortable!

And i was FINALLY ROCKING LONG HAIR!!
I could do BRAIDS!!!

I had it in for about 4 Months...and eventually had to get them out because the braided area were starting to show..
SO BYE BYE LONG HAIR!!

After removing it, my original hair had grown quiet a bit.. 
NOT LONG.... But longer then before..

Then my hair was going through the weird growing out phase.. Length wise nor here nor there..
Just strange! I had to tie it up in a tiny ponytail.. YUCK!

Then i came across CLIP IN HAIR EXTENSIONS!
On youtube..
Every girl i thought had beautiful hair were actually using Clip In's..
The hair looked so real and good and so thick!

I WANTED IT!

SO badly...
It was a toss between Luxy Hair Extension & Foxy Locks Hair Extensions
One company is Canada based and the other in Europe 

Below are links to their official website!
And Youtube Channel

http://www.luxyhair.com/


http://www.foxylocksextensions.com/


They are premium hair quality and 100% Remy Hair
You can choose your hair shades on the website!
You can style the hair,curl,wash and color!

I WAS SOLD!!
I went for Foxy Hair Extensions!
I paid about $550 Sing dollars
YUP!! CRAZY AMOUNT OF MONEY!
But its a lifetime investment in my opinion!

Here are some Photos of me with the FOXY HAIR EXTENSIONS!




Its so thick and so natural!
No one will ever know that you are wearing Clip Ins!
It's like your own hair!
I was IN LOVE!

Days i feel like having LONG HAIR i'd just clip them on!
If i'm not feeling it that day, i don't clip them in!
PERFECT!
It's still in excellent condition!

Moving on to my Natural Hair..
Here's more photos of it growing..
 A bit Cray Cray here..
 When it's straight...

We should so be in a Hair Commercial!! 

It's growing slowly...
 I can now do a small Braid.. Yippie!



But of lately...
I've been keeping it up in a bun! 
Sometimes in a sock bun..Or just a messy top knot bun!
It's so much easier and still looks like i put alot of effort into it when it actually took me less then 3 mins
and its CUTE!

Here's a couple of Bun Hair photos!






Can you tell... Im OBSESSED about buns!LOL!


So yeah, that's my Hair-Volution Journey!
And now that i am pregnant! My Hair grows even faster and thicker which i am loving at the moment!
Perks of being Pregnant i guess..

I'm pretty over doing anything crazy anymore to my hair.. FOR NOW.. HAHAHA
My main aims are to grow it out and keep them as HEALTHY as i can from the many years of dying and damages i've caused!
I have no intentions of cutting my hair at all, just trimming the ends every 4 to 5 months to maintain split ends.
 And also, i will be keeping my hair color dark.. no more lights.. I THINK!! LOL!


Hope you liked this Blog!
Spreading Love From Me To You... <3 


1 comment:

  1. You looked adorable as a little girl, Anna! I love your naturally wavy hair, but shorter hair gave you a look as edgy as your spirit. Anyway, thanks for the quick rundown of your hair history. It's been fun stumbling upon your blog. I'd love to see more soon! Stay gorgeous! :)

    Tommy Clark @ Her Hair Company Inc.

    ReplyDelete