Monday 1 July 2013

Myths Busted & Gender Reveal




Is it a baby girl or a baby boy????
That's the next thing everyone wants to know after finding out their pregnant!!

I researched so much on all the myths behind finding out the gender of the baby..
I had so many stories,myths "Urban Legends" told by my Grandmother and all my Aunties..
So i put all their theories to the test! LOL




BABY BOY
-Apparently, you will crave Sour and Salty foods! I CRAVE them all the time!
-You will look glowing and beautiful! I still looked like me!
-Your baby belly will sit Low! Mine sat right in the middle!
-140 beats lower indicates a boy! Not true
-You will crave spicy food! I craved it!
Lets just say... I craved everything and anything!



BABY GIRL
-Apparently, you will crave anything Sweet! Have you met me??!! I swallow sweets in 5 Seconds!
-You will look horrible! Because all the mother's beauty will get sucked up by the baby! And you'll have a million Zits on your face and body!!I was normal and still looked like me!
-Your baby belly will sit high! Like i said... mine sat right in the middle!
-140+ Beats a minute indicates a baby girl! Not true!


And then there was the Mayans calendar belief..Something about  Mother's age and Conception day and year baby is born... If both numbers are even or odd its a girl! If ones even and the others odd then it a boy! Well lets just say that it was complete rubbish!
And then there was the Key Mystery! Oh yeah!
If the mummy picks up the narrow part of the key, its a girl!
If mummy picks up the rounder part of the key, its a boy!
Thats rubbish too! Whatever my Fat fingers can grab! I'd grab it!
And then there was the wedding ring and a string! I know... LOL!
If the ring swings in a circle, Its a Boy!
If the ring swings back and forth, Its A Girl!
I find that ridiculous because how its going to swing is all about the different lengths of the string and the weight of the ring and if there is wind present!
It's more Mathematical then anything! DUH!


And then there was morning sickness myths! Sick like a dog in your first trimester or still sick? Its a GIRL!
Little or no sickness? Its a BOY!
Now that is plain rubbish! It's an individual thing!



SOOOOOOO..............ALL I CAN SAY IS.....


Thats Right! I busted all myths!
Cause...


We're having a girl!!
I feel Amazing! I look Fine! Im not looking or becoming..

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

So girls/ladies out there... dont even bother with the Myths! Just wait for Weeks 17-22 when you do have your Gender Reveal Ultrasound to find out!
I found out it was A GIRL on Week 17 of my pregnancy! Because we all wanted to know so bad!

I remember when it all happened! The Doctor asked..
"SO ARE YOU READY TO FIND OUT IF IT"S A GIRL OR BOY???"
I was like HELL YEAH!!!
I had Gabriel there by my side.. Aunt Ush and Aunt Maureen as well!!
Lying on the table... and looking at the screen.. waiting nervously.. to see if its a 
"Mushroom" or a "Split Skin"in between the legs!

Mushroom meaning Boy! 

Split skin meaning girl!


How i know so much??


I had studied so many youtube videos and google images of ultrasounds on what to look out for if its a baby girl or baby boy! HAHAHAHA!! Anxious much? 
Call me "Kan Cheong" like the asians would say!

SORRY...Rewind...Back to the Doctor's consult room! LOL
Okay so then came the jelly on tummy and all eyes on the screen!!

And there it was.... I saw what i had to... What i had hoped for... What the whole family had hoped for!

*****SPLIT SKIN*****

Doctor said" Congratulations!! It's a GIRL!! 
Tears rolled and we were overjoyed!
We finally knew...

I jumped out of the table and out of the room and pretty much SCREAMED and BOUNCED!!
<3 ITS A GIRL!! A GIRL!! A GIRL!!  <3 

I kinda shared my news with other mothers by announcing to maybe, possibly the WHOLE clinic!
LOL

I called everyone because all were waiting to hear the Fantastic News! 
That day.. i had a..


BIG SMILE ON MY FACE!!!! 
SIMILAR TO THIS DUDE!!

And so.. the planning began.. for our Little Special One...







Next Post: Husband Support & Preparing Babies arrival!










No comments:

Post a Comment